Thursday, April 28, 2011

The email Everyone should get at least once

I received an email today that everyone should be blessed enough to receive once in their lifetime. Someone I haven't heard from in a REALLY long time.... sent me an email telling me that they wouldn't be alive today had it not been for me. That when this person had lost the will to go on.... my daily willingness to listen had made the difference. All I can say... still... is a very stunned "wow".


 We just never know the impact we're having when we are just doing what we do. I'm a listener and an encourager and that's just what I do. The girls at work joke that I should hang a shingle. There's something about me that just says... "Hey. Pull up a chair and tell me about it". I feel really blessed that I put people at ease. The down side to that "gift" is this. When I have a problem, people tend to look at me like the 8th horse of the Apocalypse. It's like if I have a problem, the world must be coming to an end. It makes me think Dear Abby and Ann Landers must have been very lonely people.  :) So as a gentle reminder.... if there is someone in your life that just seems to have answers for you... always willing to listen, sees the best in you or just flat out tells you you're being a screw up (friends don't lie to you) do a wellness check on them every once in awhile. Maybe, just maybe ...they need someone to talk to as well.  At the very least, drop them the email that I got this week. I can't begin to tell you how humbling that was and how appreciated I felt for having received it.

No comments:

Post a Comment